- Nikita Trivedi, Alumni MPEC - Engineering (EC) Batch (2009 -2013). Now, a postgraduate student of Indian Institute of Technology-Bhubaneswar has been selected for an ‘in-residence’ programme at Rashtrapati Bhavan. She is one of the 18 scholars selected for the programme. The government had announced the list Friday in New Delhi.
Watch Nikita Here :
- Video 1
- Video 2
- Video 3
- The scholars have been selected from IITs, IISERs and IISc-Bangalore and will stay for seven days from June 18-24 at Rashtrapati Bhavan.
- During their stay, the scholars will get to participate in several activities besides visiting the offices of IBM, TERI and Cisco, and campuses of IIT-Delhi and CSIR. The programme is aimed at giving students wider exposure to the mega companies and organisations known across the country for their work and products.
- Nikita who is interested in digital signal processing and communication systems and has already completed training in “Embedded Systems and its Applications” — organised by BRICS — is already on her way to Delhi.
- IIT-Bhubaneswar officials said Nikita’s selection was a matter of pride for the institution. “The central government had asked us to recommend a student for the programme and we named Nikita considering her achievements both in academic and co-curricular activities,” N C Sahoo, the Dean (academics) of IIT-Bhubaneswar told Orissa POST.