Bachelor of Science in Medical Microbiology
Total Seats available: 60
Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) Medical Microbiology is an Undergraduate Microbiology course. Medical Microbiology is both a branch of Medicine and Microbiology which deals with the study of microorganisms including bacteria, viruses, fungi and parasites which are of medical importance and are capable of causing diseases in human beings. It includes the study of microbial pathogenesis and epidemiology and is related to the study of disease pathology and immunology.
Successful completion of ours this bachelor’s degree course in Medical Microbiology can provide students quick employments as Microbiology Technicians, Assistant Microbiologists, Medical Research Technicians or Assistants in the immunology or Clinical Microbiology Laboratories.
The most common employment avenues will be Private Hospitals and Clinics, Pharmaceutical Companies, Governmental or Philanthropic Institutions related to Health and Medical Research, Veterinary Hospitals, Medical Schools or University-Affiliated Teaching Hospitals, etc.
B.Sc. Medical Microbiology course is a 3 years long course. Eligibility criteria for admission in B.Sc. Medical Microbiology requires completion of 10+2 (Chemistry, Zoology and Botany) with 50% marks.
- Biomedical Scientist
- Scientist or Technician
- Microbiologist – Water Companies
- Technical or Science Writer
- Lecturer, Reader & Professor
- Medical Representative – Pharmaceutical Industries
Medical Microbiology applies in the field of
- New technologies enable microbiology results to be available in minutes or hours rather than days.
- Immunoassays have benefits of technical simplicity, rapidity, specificity and cost-effectiveness but often have poor sensitivity and low negative predictive value.
- An ever-increasing range of viruses, bacteria, fungi and protozoa can be detected and characterised by the molecular biological method.