Pharmacy is the science and technique of preparing, dispensing, and review of drugs and providing additional clinical services. It is a health profession that links health sciences with pharmaceutical sciences and aims to ensure the safe, effective, and affordable use of drugs.
To contribute to the growing health sector of India by providing efficient Pharmacists as an integral member of the healthcare team thus ensuring optimal therapeutic outcomes including wellness.
- To maintain excellent standards of pedagogy with the right emphasis on experimental and process oriented learning.
- To provide an open opportunity to the young generation for evolving their career as world class professionals with broad foundation, in-depth knowledge & versatile personality.
- Aspire to grow further and expand research projects and infrastructure to foster growth of the institution.
- To inculcate innovative teaching/learning methodologies skills
Pharmaceutical sector in India - Rising and Shining
India supplies 20% of global generic medicines making it the largest producer of generic medicine globally.
Our pharmaceutical industry exports over to 250 countries and produces over 60% of global vaccines - leading globally.
India is currently among the top 20 global Medical device markets and the 4th largest medical device market in Asia.
FDI policy of India in pharma sector permits 100% FDI in Green-field pharma and up to 100% FDI under government approval in brown-field pharma. This policywill allowIndia to invest in R&D, enhance local capabilies and thus will complement the long term pharmacy vision of the government.
Scope of Pharma Industry in India - Advantages for You!
- The Indian pharma industry has been growing at a compounded annual growth rate (CAGR) of more than 15% over the last five years and has significant growth opportunities
- India contributes the second largest share of pharmaceutical and biotech workforce in the world.
- Indian pharmaceutical sector industry supplies over 50 per cent of global demand for various vaccines, 40 per cent of generic demand in the US and 25 per cent of all medicine in UK.
- making the country the largest provider of generic medicines globally and expected to expand even further in coming years.
- Indian drugs are exported to more than 200 countries in the world, with the US as the key market. Generic drugs account for 20 per cent of global exports in terms of volume,
- The 'Pharma Vision 2020' by the government's Department of Pharmaceuticals aims to make India a major hub for end-to-end drug discovery. The sector has received cumulative FDI worth US$ 15.93 billion between April 2000 and December 2018.
Key Skills you would learn in Pharmacy @ MPGI
- Ability to apply principles and knowledge of Anatomy, Physiology, pathophysiology, icrobiology, pharmacology, food and neutraceuticals and cosmetics for good health of the society.
- Ability to apply the knowledge of inorganic chemistry, biochemistry, medicinal chemistry, natural and herbal products and pharmacognostical principles for discovery and development of new drugs.
- Understand the principles of biotechnology, biopharmaceutics, pharmaceutical engineering, and develop methodology for research work.
We have a staggering amount of 75+ publications amongst the 17 faculty members.
Frequent one month on-field training of students at the manufacturing plants of Alkem Laboratory, Fresenius
Kabi and Wockhardt Pvt. Ltd.
We send our students for summer training at the following companies
Wockhardt Pvt ltd
Consistent interaction with people in the industry through invited talks or factory visits.