Computer Science Engineering (DS)
Computer Science is the study of processes that interact with data which can be represented as data in the form of programs. It helps to understand the use of algorithms to manipulate, store, and communicate digital information in a better manner. A Computer Engineer studies theory of computation and the design of software systems.
Data Science is related to Computer Science but is a separate field which deals with any type of Data Analysis, which may or may not use computers. Data Science is closely related to the Mathematics field of Statistics, which includes collection, organisation, analysis, and presentation of data. Data Science has also contributed immensely to the Healthcare Sector. Data Science algorithms and applications can be found in Genomics, Drug Development, Medical Image Analysis, Remote Monitoring, to name a few.
- Training partners like ORACLE, Microsoft, ZTE and HUAWEI.
- Placement Percentage of approx. 80% in renowned companies like Wipro, Informatica, TCS and Nucleus Software.
- Technical quizzes and programming contests organised by students under the banner of ‘C- Mania’,
- Kalam centre for innovation and incubation of start-ups – The lab Installed with MATLAB software, provides the solution to data scientists, automatic control simulation etc, and provides multi-paradigm numerical computing.
- Various servers such as Squid Server, Database Server, Mail Server, File Server and Net Server are available to facilitate student learning.
- Seminar series to help students to update and develop themselves in emerging fields of Engineering. Many well-known academicians from IIT, NIT and Technocrats from the industry have shared their experience & knowledge.
Future Scope with CSE with Specialisation in Data Science
B.Tech CSE (Data Science) will enable you to be ready for Industry 4.0 emerging and exponential technologies. This course will be using project-based learning leading to internships and career opportunities.
CSE with Data Science is uniquely positioned to keep pace with the emerging skill-sets required in Industry 4.0 MPGI and its industry partners will be happy to help you get placed at MNCs as well as Startups, be it in India or Abroad. You may also decide to become a Technopreneur, as you Graduate after 4 years, and you never know you may have an option to incubate your own startup even before the course ends!
- Business Intelligence Developer
- Data Architect
- Data Analyst
- Data Scientist
- Data Engineer
- Machine Learning Scientist
- Machine Learning Lab
- Data Mining Lab
- Python Lab
- Data Visualisation Lab
- Distributed System Lab
REGULAR ENTRY – 4 Years
Passed 10+2 with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects, with one of these – Chemistry/ Biotechnology/ Biology/Technical Vocational subject/ Computer Science/Information Technology/ Informatics Practices/Agriculture/ Engineering Graphics/ Business Studies. AND Obtained at least 45% marks (40% for reserved category) in the above subjects taken together.
Passed Diploma (in Engineering and Technology) with at least 45% marks (40% marks for reserved category) subject to vacancies in the first Year, in case the vacancies at lateral entry are exhausted.
LATERAL ENTRY – 3 Years
Has a Diploma with at least 45% marks (40% for reserved category) in any branch of Engineering and Technology.
Passed B.Sc. Degree from a recognized University with at least 45% marks (40% for reserved category) and passed 10+2 with Mathematics as a subject. The students should have cleared the subjects Engineering Graphics/ Engineering Drawing and Engineering Mechanics of the First Year Engineering Programme along with the Second-year subjects. B.Sc. students shalt be considered only after filling the supernumerary seats in this category with students belonging to the Diploma stream.
Passed D.Voc. Stream in the same or allied sector.
Duration- 4 Years