Computer Science Engineering (IoT)
Course Established in the Year 2020
Total Seats Available: 60
REGULAR ENTRY – 4 Years
Passed 10+2 with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects, with one of these – Chemistry/ Biotechnology/ Biology/Technical Vocational subject/ Computer Science/Information Technology/ Informatics Practices/Agriculture/ Engineering Graphics/ Business Studies. AND Obtained at least 45% marks (40% for reserved category) in the above subjects taken together.
Passed Diploma (in Engineering and Technology) with at least 45% marks (40% marks for reserved category) subject to vacancies in the first Year, in case the vacancies at lateral entry are exhausted.
LATERAL ENTRY – 3 Years
Has a Diploma with at least 45% marks (40% for reserved category) in any branch of Engineering and Technology.
Passed B.Sc. Degree from a recognized University with at least 45% marks (40% for reserved category) and passed 10+2 with Mathematics as a subject. The students should have cleared the subjects Engineering Graphics/ Engineering Drawing and Engineering Mechanics of the First Year Engineering Programme along with the Second-year subjects. B.Sc. students shalt be considered only after filling the supernumerary seats in this category with students belonging to the Diploma stream.
Passed D.Voc. Stream in the same or allied sector.
Duration- 4 Years
Computer Science is the study of processes that interact with data which can be represented as data in the form of programs. It helps to understand the use of algorithms to manipulate, store and communicate digital information in a better manner. A Computer Engineer studies theory of computation and the design of software systems.
This 4-year Undergraduate Course of Computer Science & Engineering with specialisation in IoT & application imparts firm foundation in Computer Science wireless communication and computer networks. Internet of Things (IoT) is a network that inter-connects ordinary physical objects with the identifiable addresses that provide Intelligent Services.
The programme aims to train students for professional knowledge and strong practical skills in the field of computer technology communication networks and IT that provides a wide range of applications in the Internet of Things. The programme has to understand the use of devices in IoT technology, IoT Architecture and the application of IoT in various devices.
- Training partners like ORACLE, Microsoft, ZTE and HUAWEI.
- Placement Percentage of approx. 80% in renowned companies like Wipro, Informatica, TCS and Nucleus Software.
- Technical quizzes and programming contests organised by students under the banner of ‘C- Mania.’
- Kalam centre for innovation and incubation of start-ups – The lab Installed with MATLAB software which provides the solution to data scientists, automatic control simulation etc, and provides multi-paradigm numerical computing.
- Various servers such as Squid Server, Database Server, Mail Server, File Server and Net Server are available to facilitate student learning.
- Seminar series to help students to update and develop themselves in emerging fields of Engineering. Many well-known academicians from IIT, NIT and Technocrats from the industry have shared their experience & knowledge.
Future Scope of CSE with Internet of Things
Internet of Things (IoT) has been identified as one of the emerging technologies in IT. Future of IoT is very bright as this is feeding and empowering Data Science and Artificial Intelligence in a big way. Data from IoT network enables us to have better tracking, monitoring, prediction, management and control of various systems in different industries.
- Data Analytics
- Network and Structure
- Cell and UI Development Artificial Intelligence
- Infonomics and Data Broking
- Shift from Intelligent Edge to Intelligent Mesh
- IoT Governance
- Sensor Innovation
- Social, Legal and Ethical IoT
- Innovation on the Chip
The department has state of art research facilities such as:
- Computer Programming and Graphics Lab
- Object-Oriented Programming Lab
- Language Processor Lab
- Network & OS Lab
- Internet & Project Lab
- Linux Lab
- Distributed Systems Lab
- Networks Lab
- Database Lab
Specialised Lab Facilities
- Wireless Sensor Networks & IoT Standards Lab
- Cloud Architecture and Deployment Models Lab
- IoT for Industries (Use Case Scenarios)-Lab
- Embedded Technology for IoT
- Smarter City-Lab
- Big Data Analytics Lab
- Programming with Advanced C/Embedded C
- Micro-Controller programming using Arduino
- Programming with Python
- IoT Applications using Raspberry Pi
- IoT Cloud Infrastructure