Electrical Engineering (EE)
Course established in 2000
Total seats available: 60
REGULAR ENTRY – 4 Years
Passed 10+2 with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects, with one of these – Chemistry/ Biotechnology/ Biology/Technical Vocational subject/ Computer Science/Information Technology/ Informatics Practices/Agriculture/ Engineering Graphics/ Business Studies. AND Obtained at least 45% marks (40% for reserved category) in the above subjects taken together.
Passed Diploma (in Engineering and Technology) with at least 45% marks (40% marks for reserved category) subject to vacancies in the first Year, in case the vacancies at lateral entry are exhausted.
LATERAL ENTRY – 3 Years
Has a Diploma with at least 45% marks (40% for reserved category) in any branch of Engineering and Technology.
Passed B.Sc. Degree from a recognized University with at least 45% marks (40% for reserved category) and passed 10+2 with Mathematics as a subject. The students should have cleared the subjects Engineering Graphics/ Engineering Drawing and Engineering Mechanics of the First Year Engineering Programme along with the Second-year subjects. B.Sc. students shalt be considered only after filling the supernumerary seats in this category with students belonging to the Diploma stream.
Passed D.Voc. Stream in the same or allied sector.
B.Tech (Electrical Engineering)
Duration- 4 Years
Electrical Engineering is one of the core fields of Engineering so it is always evergreen in terms of scope and job prospects and is the heart of whole engineering disciplines. With the aim to prepare successful professionals in the field of Electrical Engineering, the Department of Electrical Engineering was established in the year 2000. The focus of the Department is to provide high quality technical and professionally relevant education which is beyond the traditional teaching and learning methodologies so that students can inculcate the advanced knowledge according to the latest trends and requirements of industries.
Future Scope with Electrical Engineering
India is the world’s third-largest producer of electricity with a 4.8 per cent global share in electricity generation surpassing Japan and Russia in 2013. Indian government’s goal of “power for all” owing to which the power sector is poised for significant expansion.
- 4 per cent growth over the previous fiscal in electricity production
- The compounded annual growth rate of 5.6 per cent
- The positive investment climate and expansion of power industry
- Proposal to add 76,000 MW of power capacity during 12th five-year plan
- The target of adding 93,000 MW in the 13th five-year plan (2017-2022)
- Guidelines to encourage private sector participation for faster growth
- Commencement of new projects
Electrical Engineering @MPGI
- Faculty from IIT and NIT
- Industrial Tie-ups for increased employability.
- Collaboration in progression with L&T Automation Academy at Lucknow and Mumbai.
- Faculty has participated in over 25 workshops at various institutes such as IIT Kanpur, NITTR Chandigarh, AICTE New Delhi. UIT Allahabad and many more to stay connected to the technological advancements in the industry.
- Industrial visits to Thermal power plants, PGCIL, HAL, BHEL, Schneider electric, Lohia corps and many more.
- Faculty who are continuously committed to knowledge advancement through numerous publications of papers in reputed journals, conferences workshops, faculty development programs, courses in NPTEL etc.
- Invited guest faculty from IITs, NITs to discuss and share insights about all recent development in the industry.
- Alumni have distinguished themselves in Academics, research, industries and government organisations.
Career Scope of Electrical. Engineering
- All Manufacturing Industries
- Operational and Maintenance Departments of all Industries
- Central Government Sector (Major Recruiters: BHEL, Indian Railways, Indian Army, ONGC)
- Thermal Power Plants and State-Wise Electricity Boards
- Switch gears
- Artificial Intelligence & Automation Machine Learning
- AI & IoT
- Cyber Security
- Basic Electrical Lab
- Electrical Machine Lab
- Electrical Measurements and Measuring Instruments Lab
- Control System Lab
- Power Electronics Lab
- Electrical Network Lab
- Electrical Drive Lab
- IPC Lab
- Microprocessor Lab
- Simulation Lab
- Power System Lab