How MPGI enhances employability quotient of its students
As we learnt in the previous article that we provide best-in-class technical training to our students which makes them knowledgeable enough to crack the technical rounds of interviews. However, imparting only the technical training is of no use when a student is not confident enough to crack the final rounds which are basically non-technical rounds. These rounds of interviews often come after group discussions and to clear that students need more than technical knowledge. Apart from the Technical Training, Generic Training is also imparted to the students starting from first year which includes the following:
• Quantitative Aptitude: Quantitative Aptitude evaluates numerical ability and problem-solving skills of candidates. This test forms the major part of a number of important entrance exams for different fields.
• Reasoning: Two kinds of Logical Reasoning can be distinguished in addition to formal deduction: induction and abduction. Given a precondition or premise, a conclusion or logical consequence and a rule or material conditional that implies the conclusion given the precondition, one can explain the following.
• Verbal Ability: Verbal Reasoning is understanding and reasoning using concepts framed in words. It aims at evaluating ability to think constructively. rather than at simple fluency or vocabulary recognition.
Personality is the collective exposure of personal character traits of an individual which can be his thought pattern, feelings, and emotional exuberance. Psychology treats Personality Development as an ongoing and dynamic process which is largely impacted by the atmosphere. The evaluating factors of personality are Neuroticism, Openness to Experience, Extraversion, Agreeableness, and Conscientiousness.
For a skill to be considered a soft skill, it needs to have three characteristics.
1. Rules for Mastering this Skill is Not Black and White – Unlike hard skills, like Math, where the rule for doing it perfectly is always the same, how effective you are at a soft skill changes depends on your emotional state, external circumstance, and the type of people you interact with.
2. This Skill is Portable and Valuable to any Job/Career – Because soft skills are about your inner strength and interpersonal effectiveness, as long as you work with people, these skills are valuable to your career.
3. Mastering this Skill is an Ongoing Journey- You can reach a level of competency in it, but you can always encounter new situations or people that will test your soft skills and push you to learn more.
Some define soft skills as those that are “difficult to measure” and others define soft skills as skills which characterise relationships with other people, or which are about how you approach life and work.” There is however, one common set of skills missing in most is the definition of soft skills. Most focus soft skills are people skills – how effective we are in working with others. This is absolutely important. However, what you must also master to accelerate success are self-management skills. These are skills that help you manage your relationship with yourself.
In the next article, we will learn about the soft skills and its sub categories in great detail. Till then, think and make your mind which stream would you be choosing to enter MPGI. Your future is secured once you enter MPGI campus and focus on what comes next.