M.Tech - Mechanical Engineering
Course established in 2000
Total seats available: 09
The Evergreen Branch, Mechanical Engineering (ME) is the application of the principles and problem-solving techniques of engineering from design to manufacturing to the marketplace for any object. Mechanical Engineers analyse their work using the principles of Motion, Energy and Force — ensuring that designs function safely, efficiently and reliably, all at a competitive cost.
- Mechanics: Study of the interconnection of various bodies with each other and the resultant response of any other body, when input in terms of motion is given to a link.
- Dynamics: Studied systems are dynamic like velocity, acceleration, vibration, gyroscopic effects etc, are extensively looked upon for a variety of cases.
- Material: This topic deals with the observation of metallurgy and properties of engineering materials.
- Manufacturing: Production using labour and machines. tools, chemicals and biological processing or formulation.
- Thermodynamics: The branch that deals with the relations between heat, temperature and other forms of energy.
- Computation and Design: This topic deals with the application of all the above topics in a multi-dimensional problem from an Engineer’s point of view.
- The students have undertaken technically challenging high impact design projects like a Hybrid car. solar car. Go-Kart & CNG Bike, 3D Printer, CNC lathe etc.
- In-house lathe machine, milling machine, shaper machine, water turbine and drilling machine.
- Industry Tie-ups with stellar organizations as JBM Group for better employability.
- Technical Events as exhibitions, Robo wars and technical quizzes are held quite often.
- In-house summer training program in CAD lab from second year onwards.
- Industrial Tours to Century Papers, JBM Industries, Mahindra, Parle, Goa Shipyard and many more.